From the Back Cover
MAKE A BIG SPLASH—WITH A LOT LESS CASH!
Let Terry Tamminen, "poolman to the stars," show you how to have a beautiful, hassle-free pool for thousands of dollars less than commercial installers charge -- by doing it yourself. Pool expert Tamminen helps you purchase, install, repair, maintain, and upgrade above-ground pools. You get parts and tools lists, tricks of the trade for each procedure, and a difficulty rating to help you decide if it's time to call a professional.
Soon you'll be saying, "Okay,
everybody into the pool!"
* Selecting the right pool (from over a dozen types) for your site, budget, and individual needs
* Realistic cost estimates
* Easy-to-understand, photo-illustrated installation and repair guides
* Heating inexpensively and heater repair
* Repairing and replacing liners
* Decks made easy
* Pool enhancements for added enjoyment and value
* Sources of cost-saving generic parts
* And more!
About the Author
Terry Tamminen is a leading expert on pools and spas, serving as technical advisor on a variety of water chemistry and pool technology projects. He is the executive director of Environment Now, working with activist organizations such as the Santa Monica Bay Keeper and the San Diego Bay Keeper, dedicated to preserving and protecting coastal resources in California.